Thursday, March 29, 2012

College: To Do List


Nowadays, many high school graduates often find themselves wondering what college life will be like and how they will be able to manage everything that is expected of them.
            Students have to figure out a way to balance things like classes, sports, clubs, work, and on top of all of this, still maintain a social life. Now, this might sound pretty challenging to do, and some students might feel that it’s not possible to do everything. The truth is, if a student really wants to do everything, they’re going to find a way to. Or, if a student just wants to take classes and have a huge social life, if they really want to, they’re going to find a way to make that happen. The particular experience really depends on the student.
            Personally, I found a way to live a college experience with all of these things: classes, sports, clubs, work, and a social life. It’s a busy life, but I came to college with the mind set that I was going to get as much as I could out of the college experience. That’s exactly what I’ve done, I’ve done well in classes, run for the cross-country team, had leadership roles in multiple clubs, had a job, and found a way to still hang out with my friends.
            In order to manage all of my activities and responsibilities, I’ve found that making to do lists, having calendars, and staying organized, allows me to get everything accomplished. I would have to suggest doing this for any new college student. No matter what type of experience a college student is looking for, they can most like benefit from staying organized. It just makes life a lot easier and allows students to get exactly what they want out of their college experience.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent!

    A minor comment: try to avoid "now" as a filler, use it only as "today" or "at this time." It does not seem that you used it in this way in the second sentences of the second #.

    ReplyDelete